"There’s just something about him that reminds you that the world’s a good place. He’s like the human equivalent of seeing a puppy in pajamas."
"Screw writing “strong” women. Write interesting women. Write well-rounded women. Write complicated women. Write a woman who kicks ass, write a woman who cowers in a corner. Write a woman who’s desperate for a husband. Write a woman who doesn’t need a man. Write women who cry, women who rant, women who are shy, women who don’t take no shit, women who need validation and women who don’t care what anybody thinks. THEY ARE ALL OKAY, and all those things could exist in THE SAME WOMAN. Women shouldn’t be valued because we are strong, or kick-ass, but because we are people. So don’t focus on writing characters who are strong. Write characters who are people."
#I think they meant strong as in powerfully written
#maybe they were being literal
#I don't know who they is
do you guys ever picture Katniss helping Peeta roll on a condom while saying “because that’s what you and I do; protect each other” because I do
- Societal expectations of masculinity
- Societal expectations to provide for women
- No long term reversible male birth control
- Men who are raped are more likely to remain silent and be dismissed or outright laughed at
- Unfair treatment in child custody battles
- No support for male victims of domestic abuse
Not men’s issues
- The friend zone
- Women not dating you
- “Fucking femnazis”